October 16, 2012

Elio & Danielle's Wedding

Finally i get to share with you all what I've been working on for my cousin Elio's wedding!
It's been a year in the making since first collaborating with Elio and Danielle on the design.  They wanted something unique to match perfectly with the floral arrangements and autumn wedding theme. so we decided on frames for each table, which would then be raffled at the reception.  Also it was a secret kept from the family until the unveiling at the wedding this past weekend!

The fabrication of this collection took months to complete and each piece was made with lots of love and care.  The glass frames are composed of all hand cut glass pieces. 
 Each frame has a one of a kind leaf pattern and were fused in the kiln at 1300 degrees Fahrenheit.
 then the rest was assembled by gluing.  I used a high strength UV glue set with a high power UV blacklight.
 after all the cutting, fusing, gluing, signing, finally all 25 frames were complete!
 Just when I thought the project was complete, I went to bubblewrap town in order to ship them home safely to Elio and Danielle.
 Another part of the project, I made hot sculpted glass branches for the table at the entrance which was on display during the cocktail hour.  The branches had leaves which wrapped it all together with the frames in the reception hall.  Now the branches will be displayed in Elio and Danielle's dining room to remember this beautiful day forever!
I was honored to make glass for my cousin Elio and Danielle's wedding.  It was great to finally see them where they belonged, it truly was a magical day.  I received many great compliments and I am happy that people loved them.

Congratulations Elio and Danielle!
Love you both very much! Salute!

2 comments: